Sunday 28 January 2018

THERE'S NO GOING BACK!

CopyrightCharleyJai
Did you start the year as you mean to live through it? Are you well on your way to achieve your goal [s] over the coming months? No matter what stage you're at, know that as long as you continue to make a dedicated and conscious effort, you're doing great!

Starting something new, or taking on a fresh challenge isn't likely to be easy and that, my friends, is exactly why doing so is greatly rewarding. Staying on track is about 2 things: [a] how much you truly want to succeed and [b] the energy you carry around with you.

Between September 2016 and October 2017 I was talking quite a good 'game', but, in my opinion, I wasn't making progress in the way I had wanted to and I was also feeling quite low a lot of the time. By November 2017 I literally snapped out of what was blatantly self pity and took responsibility for everything I labelled as 'being the reasons' for my unpleasant mood. I decided to fix up, real talk!
CopyrightCharleyJai

"There's no going back", I told myself, "to change anything that has happened, so, you better start where you are, with whatever you have, right now and plan a different ending to the one you're likely to meet if you stay in your misery". 

I turned things around for myself, by choice, with support from family, friends and a deep determination to refocus and get back on track. I invested in what I wanted after taking the time to understand why I wanted the things I had chosen to pursue and I built upon those investments daily. Doing so meant that I secured a new opportunity before Christmas [something I had added to my vision board for 2018], I sorted my home improvements [I'm no DIY Queen, but, I did a good job if I do say so myself, lol] and, most importantly, I remained open to exploring my emotions and allowing space for vulnerability realising this would aid my personal growth in a very positive way.

CopyrightCharleyJai
Folks, at times, we already know that life will be difficult. Those curve balls are forever on standby. Get a grip on who you are, what you stand for and why you do what you do. Know and understand the motivation behind your every move and be honest when you talk to yourself about those moves. 

None of us can go back and start again, but, we have now; this very moment, with which we can do anything. It's never too late to get back on track. Don't give up on yourself. You deserve to be here, you deserve amazing things, you deserve to prove to yourself that you're a winner. You deserve to achieve your definition of success.

Thanks for reading.
PREVIOUS POST - The Best Way to End January
[An audio version can be found here].

Random fact > I loathe being asked the questions, "what are you up to?" and "what are you doing with yourself these days?" Instantly puts me off from wanting to have a conversation with someone. I think asking, "how are you?" is a much better way to start a convo.

No comments:

Post a Comment