Sunday 5 February 2017

VALENTINE CHARLEY

This is a question a number of people have asked me too many rarted times!...... “How are you so happy being single, Charley?” Choopse! Damn cheek!! Lol!

First of all, that sort of question tells me way too much about those who ask [ahem], secondly, I'm living [that's how] and am excited by the daily blessings, challenges, opportunities and every other positive aspect of my life. That's not to say I am finding ways of keeping busy so as to distract myself from not having a partner [so don't even come at me with that], I just really, really enjoy having lots to do and fulfillment, for me, has never truly come from having that so-called special someone in my life. Such people have added to my happiness however, they are certainly not the reason for my happiness. Plus, the solo-ship enables me to get to know myself in a way that I have never found possible when in a relationship, which I'm loving. The End!! However, continue reading because, the following may be of use to you if you're without a partner and find life in the single lane a little difficult.

GET ON WITH TICKING YOUR BOXES
Professional / career pursuits
Personal goals
Study a new subject
Explore a new city

GET YOUR SOCIAL ANTICS ON
Meet-up’s with friends
Go on spontaneous day trips
Join a gym
Take up a new hobby

GET ON BOARD THE SELF APPRECIATION TRAIN
Take your time getting to know yourself
Check your faults / flaws and look at where you can / need to improve
Establish your short term goals [which can change depending on a new opportunity] 
Learn to be comfortable with you – your own company, who you are as a person, talent etc

GET SOME PERSPECTIVE
It would seem that a lot of people place HUGE importance on a ‘need’ to find their ‘perfect’ partner and settle down. Personally, that would be really nice [we all want that] but, I am not at all desperate nor in a rush to meet someone with whom I might enter into a long term committed relationship. At the time of sharing this post, I am more concerned with the relationship I’m having with myself. 

I think independence, self-worth, positive people [close friends, family and the alike] and environments are what you should be indulging in whilst single. Try to keep the company of those whose values and standards match your own especially when it comes to your spiritual, mental and emotional well-being. The impact of the beliefs and opinions of others can make such a difference to the type of people you meet and welcome into your life. Be conscious of that.

Try not to allow yourself to be so easily influenced, or pressured into ‘finding’ yourself a partner. Life is too short to waste it on the search for your 'other half' when you have yet to get things right with who you are and achieve your [short term career, or personal] goals. No matter how long it takes, I genuinely believe that, eventually we each meet [organically] The One with whom we are compatible. BE patient, stay active and remain hopeful. You're so deserving of true love and it will come your way when you quit desperately calling it to arrive.

You're more than welcome to leave a comment, question, or share your thoughts below. Please subscribe and share. It's always good to reach out x 

PREVIOUS POST: BEAUTY SECRETS

Scroll to the end of this page for the link to my radio show!! 

2 comments:

  1. Ah, if more people would think like this. Boy, relationships would certain last a lifetime as it is intended. Wonderful :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for taking the time to have a read and to leave a comment. Very much appreciated, Sharlin L x

    ReplyDelete