Sunday 18 December 2016

AFFORDABLE HOME SPA EXPERIENCE!

Quite a number of people have asked me about the above based on some tweets and Instagram posts so, I thought I’d share with you what I do to indulge in a bit of rest and relaxation! Hope you find this useful… 

Sunday - Home Spa bath.
It’s like a sauna and steam which helps [me] with body aches and pains! Prep the day/night before if you can.

  • Make sure you give your bathroom, especially the tub, a thorough clean.
  • Set aside any calming oils and your favourite scented shower/bath wash.
  • Decide what music you’ll have play in the background [soothing riddims].
  • Lay out your essential body lotions and clothes.
  • Making sure the bathroom windows are shut, run your bath [add the oils, bubbles etc].
  • Have a light, healthy snack and be sure to take a bottle of water into the bathroom with you.
  • Once run, put your music on and set your phone to silent.
  • Dim the lights, if possible, or turn them off and lay out mini candles to help you relax.
  • Include soothing oils, some bubbles and a lush bath bomb for extra moisture.
  • Ensuring the temperature is right for you, sink into your tub and indulge in steamy, fragrant relaxation!
  • TIP: If you struggle [for whatever reason] to quiet your mind, instead of music, read a motivational book whilst the bath is running and take it with you to read once you’re in the bath.


My essential products used for my home spa bath:
Snow Fairy [used to create bubbles and soften my skin]
Lavender oil, just a few drops unmixed [calming scent]
Olbas oil, 2 drops [for sinus and headache relief]
Faux mini candles [for ambience and relaxation]

Monday – Thursday
I meditate [either first thing in the morning, before my workout, or just before bed] and make sure that I put myself in a quiet space to do so. The aim is to pause my thoughts and free my mind; to just be completely still and peaceful for 10 – 20 minutes. I don’t believe there’s a one-size-fits-all where meditation is concerned so, how you mediate and for how long is entirely up to you! Drinking some water beforehand helps and you ought to be in comfy clothing, in a relaxing and quiet environment that enables you to switch off. Doing this actually gives me a lot of energy and has me feel super positive afterwards. The challenge with meditating is making sure you do not allow your mind to wander onto things, people, or subjects that are negative, or upsetting.

Friday
I try to read as much of my chosen book as possible [always something funny, uplifting and positive, or educational in some way – Oprah’s What I Know For Sure is an excellent read!!] For me, it works best to take my book to bed with me and read a few chapters before I snooze. Since doing this I either have really amazing dreams, or I don’t dream at all. Either way, insomnia is not such a problem anymore! Remember how often I would tweet about that? Ugh! Not The One!!

Saturday
It’s all about feel-good music! As a child, I remember my mother would [usually on a Sunday morning] have us [3] wake up to some country and western, soul, rhythm and blues, or reggae that she would be singing and dancing along too! Sometimes we would join her for a sing-a-long and a little boogie!! It was so much fun and a lot of laughter was shared so, this is something I have continued to do in my own home once a week and I flipping love my one-woman raves!!!!

There you have it! Simple but, super effective ways to get and keep your mind [and body] right throughout the coming months. Always better to surround yourself with the things [and people] who add to your happiness. From your mind is right you’re less likely to go wrong, which is what you want for 2017!!

Enjoy the festivities, folks! Lots of love x

Thanks for reading! 

Comment below, subscribe and share. 

Previous post: CHRISTMAS UNDER £50!

No comments:

Post a Comment